Around here, my kids have been back to school already for a week! We go back crazy early, but I love it. It is worth it for the two weeks off we get in October.This year, my oldest is in 5th, G is in 2nd, and M. is starting pre-school. We've done the back to school thing for several years now and I've finally figured out some things that we do that make everything go a lot easier. It is all about routines! Here is my Back To School To Do List:
- Start going to bed at a decent hour - even mom and dad!
- Schedule all dentist cleanings, doctor appointments and even hair cuts to happen right before they go back.
- Get everything ready and stocked for lunches and snacks. More information here.
6. Create a landing zone - or somewhere for all the shoes, backpacks, lunch boxes, jackets, etc. to go. More information to come!
7. We go out to breakfast on our last day of summer. With all of our family's food restrictions, we usually go get smoothies.
8. We set aside a Monday night to talk about the upcoming year, our goals, and what we want to accomplish. These printables on Positively Splendid are a pretty cute way to document that I'm planning on implementing this year!
With all that done, the beginning of the school year will be a smooth start! What do you have to do before school starts?
Oh - we also spend a ton of money trying to buy school supplies and registering! I'm teaming up with other bloggers to offer you some relief in this - $160!!! I love you readers - the giveaway is coming!