In April, I declared my goal of making a slipcover for this love seat. April - that was 4 and a half months ago! I finally finished and am so proud of myself - lots of pictures are coming!!
I finally finished. With every seam, I pinned, then basted, then dragged it back to the loveseat to see if it worked, then stitched it, trimmed the seams and finished the edges. Over and over, back and forth from the couch to my sewing machine.
My goal was to do one seam a day. That doesn't seem like much, but it was attainable (most days).
The piping totally makes it. I bought cording and cut fabric strips on the bias to cover it. Totally worth it.
Oh yes, I did sew zippers on the back sides! Don't you just want to trim that little thread?
So many details.
It turned out exactly how I planned. I even impressed Tom. We were walking through PB and I showed him an example of the slipcover I was aiming for. He said "Do you really think you can do this? And make it look like this? Cause I think that looks pretty cool if you can do it."
I got the loveseat from a friend who was looking to get rid of it. We traded some monogramming for the couch - I still think I owe her more, but she assures me she is happy with the transaction. I spent $70 for the fabric and $5 for the cording. There is probably 1 1/2 yards left over.
Pottery Barn's version (which is a couch, not a love seat) is $879! Mine totalled $75.
I have the perfect spot for it - in our office between the bookshelves. It fits perfectly, but the molding isn't up yet so it sits on our Master Bedroom until we get to it. Meanwhile, I'm planning on making my second slipcover for the wingchair I showed Friday and today I've been staring at our living room couch wondering . . .