Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I still liked the duvet I sewed for I. a couple of years ago, and I loved the fabric. In fact, I still had a lot left over. BUT . . . I do know that it's not what I love forever. We'll be doing something new sometime in the future. Maybe matching platform beds.
In the meantime, I tried to use what I had to make M.'s big girl bed match in this room.
I cut apart the crib skirt and made it into a bed skirt - shhh. . . . it only goes on 2 sides. I had to add a couple of inches to the top in order for it to hang low enough, but figured the duvet would cover that.
I used this swiss dot (hard to photograph) for the duvet. Sewing a duvet cover is like sewing a giant pillowcase - the concept is easy, but it can be kind of a beast working with such fabric.
2 strips of Amy Butler fabric down the sides topped with pink grosgrain ribbon.
Extra pillows from M.'s crib, plus a few new ones. Of course, the pillows are monogrammed; but I turned them over.
And, that's what we've got. . . .
I don't even think I can tell you the other plans for this room. I love the storage platform bed that I've seen. It seems like when I do that, it takes me a year to finish them!