Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
- My hubby is back in town - always a good thing
- we went to the park for a picnic lunch yesterday and I loved watching my hubby push all 3 kids on their swings (while I sat in the shade and tried to not fall asleep)
- We have 8 trees in our backyard - yeah!
- my faith grounds me, gives me purpose in live and makes me a generally happier person
Have a great week!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Here are (some) my issues:
I have WAY too much to do to have to do it more than once. I want to love it, be done with it and start something else.
- I always play it safe, but it hasn't failed me yet. Plus, it's what my hubby likes.
- I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to decorating - I only copy what I see others do.
Anyways . . . What would you do? This is going in my master bedroom and I really want to finish it this weekend and I really want to love it the first time. This is a serious request - even you local friends can comment. HELP!
Katie at Clean and Classic Interiors!
I'll forward your name and contact info to Spicy Designs. Have fun!
Monday, September 21, 2009
The Hailie (this is the one I have):
They use designer fabrics, like Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Moda, Alexander Henry - you get the drift. They encourage "customization" so that their clients feel happy and excited about the products they order.
They are super fast and offer quality products. Their blog features the many many choices of fabrics to choose from, it's hard to pick a favorite!
So. . . . here's what you have to do:
- Go check out Spicy Designs and look at the different fabrics the offer, they have them grouped by color.
- Leave a comment here stating which color group is your favorite and which of the 3 purses you would choose. You don't have to have a blog to leave a comment - just make sure there is an email where I can reach you.
- For an extra entry, become a follower. No need to comment about it- I know who you are.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Ruffles are really easy. There are tutorials everywhere for them. Here's a good one I found and the pillow looks pretty much like mine.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Then I cut off the arms, sewed the bottom and sides up. I stuffed the insert through the neck opening. I wasn't sure how to close it and my friend suggested buttons. I'm picturing wooden toggle buttons - cute, huh? I'll have to wait for my next outing to get those. For now, I'll just position it so the opening is behind another pillow. I think this pillow looks perfect for the upcoming cold weather!
Next, I had enough fabric from my linen bulletin board, to pull together this pillow. I've done it before, I've posted about it before. Nothing new here. I even had an extra button left over from the last time I did it. Still . . . it's a pillow I made that I love that cost me $0.
I've still got more coming! I just finished up 5 pillows for a friend last night.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Throughout this week, I'll be showing the pillows in detail and my inspirations for them and how they all look good in several places of my house.