Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tom painted, put up the crown molding, chair rail, and panel molding. I think the window needs drapes, but I want them to match the front room, and I'd like those to go from the ceiling to the floor - all 15 feet. So . . . it will have to wait.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
- the first time of the season that I was able to bare my legs, no matter how white they were! My baby didn't wear tights and I got many many comments about her chubby thighs - I love them!
- Cornflake Crumbs - they bake just like bread crumbs, yet they don't have any wheat in them. Today I made "Magic Bars" - I think the rest of the world calls them 7 layer bars.
- White hangers - I finally got all the mismatched hangers out of my closet and all my clothes are sitting on white hangers - I LOVE IT!
Crazy, I know. Sorry, Hev, it's another list. I'm just not as good of a story teller as you are and my life is not very funny. G finally got into his soccer game yesterday - after three weeks, and bribing him with fruit snacks every time he kicked the ball he decided it was pretty fun. He would kick the ball into the goal and then run over to me to get his snack. He went through 2 bags, but at least he played. Tom took G to his office with him yesterday, so it was just the girls and me and we went to Costco and Old Navy - both crazy places on Saturdays but needed to get done. Tom and I watched Martian Child last night and were entertained - at least we both stayed awake through the whole thing. I like the Cusacks and that they do movies together. Maybe someday my siblings and I can be in a movie. Oh, that would make my parents so proud!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
- My morning protein shake (with baby's allergies, there's not much I can eat, so I get excited when there's something yummy)
- A new Heroes DVD to watch while I'm on the treadmill
- Crafting with I. - we're making felt food
- Watching G - you never know what he's going to come up with
- A quick trip to the library
- Lots of hugs and slobbery kisses from my baby
- Hopefully, a call to my sister
The other day, I was a little disappointed in myself when I realized that my favorite part of the day was putting the kids to bed, snuggling under a blanket and watching American Idol (I think my favorite is David Cook!!). How sad for my kids that their mom likes them best when they are sleeping. I have no concluding sentence for this - I wish I was better at writing.
Monday, April 14, 2008
This was an oh-so-challenging day, but there are still things to be thankful for:
- A house big enough to put my baby FAR away from me so I don't hear her in the middle of the night.
- A handy husband who is putting up crown molding in my boy's room that looks awesome (the room - and my husband).
- Primary teachers who tell me what good kids I have.
- It's spring break - so tomorrow we are taking the day off!
Now - I'm off to stalk other's blogs!